Procedures for Obtaining Flag, Guidons or Streamers
As prescribed in AR 840-10, flags, guidons and streamers may be obtained by submitting a requisition online at
www.heraldry.army.mil. The website also contains information on
stocked items (NSNs and prices). TACOM, Soldier Systems Directorate, Philadelphia, can be reached by telephone at
(215) 737-2522/2521/2515. DSN prefix is 444.
When requisitioning streamers, you must submit a copy of the unit's Lineage and Honors Certificate or a Statement
of Service, which are only prepared for TOE organizations. These can be obtained from the U.S. Army Center of Military History (CMH),
but be advised that there is a considerable backlog of requests for this information. Some lineage and honors information is available on
CMH ONLINE (www.history.army.mil), but cannot be used in place of an official certificate or statement
for requisitions. Telephone numbers for CMH are listed below (the DSN prefix is 325):
(202) 685-2732 for Armies, Corps, Divisions, Combined Arms Brigades, Aviation, Maneuver Enhancement,
Special Troops Battalions, TDAs (nonbranch specific-except ARNG).
(202) 685-2737 for Armor, Cavalry, Medical and Military History.
(202) 685-2738 for Bands, Chemical, Engineers, Infantry (regimental level and below), Public Affairs,
Rangers, Training Regiments and Transportation.
(202) 685-2717 for Signal units.
(202) 685-2731 for National Guard MTOE lineages (all 54 states and territories) and National Guard TDA units.
(202) 685-2734 for Acquisition/Contracting, Chaplains, Information Operations, Judge Advocate General, Quartermaster,
Military Intelligence and Support/Sustainment.
(202) 685-2729 for Adjutant General, Field Artillery, Finance, Military Police,
Ordnance/Maintenance and Personnel Service/Replacement
(202) 685-2736 for Air Defense Artillery, Civil Affairs, Medical (assist), Psychological Operations,
Space and Missile Defense and Special Forces.
UPDATED: 11 APR 2011