118TH MILITARY POLICE BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia

Description
A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 5/32 inches (2.94 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Gules, a distaff palewise Argent. Attached below the shield a Red scroll turned Silver inscribed “FACTA PROBANT” in Silver letters.

Symbolism
The shield is red with the charge in white, representing the Engineer Corps colors. The distaff is used to symbolize the city of Pawtucket, Rhode Island is reputed to be the birthplace of the textile industry; this is the city in which the first unit (Company A) of the predecessor Regiment was organized. The motto translates to “Deeds Prove Us.”

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 118th Engineer Regiment (Combat) on 6 May 1930. It was redesignated for the 118th Engineer Combat Battalion on 25 January 1952. The insignia was redesignated for the 118th Military Police Battalion on 6 January 1969.




Coat of Arms

Distinctive Unit Insignia

Blazon

Shield

Gules, a distaff palewise Argent.

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Rhode Island Army National Guard: From a wreath Argent and Gules an anchor palewise Or.

Motto

FACTA PROBANT (Deeds Prove Us).

Symbolism

Shield

The shield is red with the charge in white, representing the Engineer Corps colors, the original designation of the unit. The distaff is used to symbolize the city of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, reputed to be the birthplace of the textile industry and the city in which the first unit (Company A) of the 118th Engineer Regiment was organized.

Crest

The crest is that of the Rhode Island Army National Guard.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 118th Engineer Regiment (Combat) on 6 May 1930. It was redesignated for the 118th Engineer Combat Battalion on 25 January 1952. The insignia was redesignated for the 118th Military Police Battalion on 6 January 1969. It was cancelled on 6 July 1972. It was reinstated for the 118th Military Police Battalion with the symbolism revised on 11 December 1996.





Jump to Top