On a green disc the coat of arms of the University blazoned: Or on a bend ingrailed Vert three annulets of the first, and thereon a knight’s helm close Gold. Surrounding the coat of arms a yellow band, fimbriated with a diminished border and inscribed “CLARKSON” arcing at top and “UNIVERSITY” arcing in base, all within a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) yellow border. The overall diameter is 2 7/8 inches (7.30 cm).
The colors of the school are gold and green. The shield with helm is the University’s Coat of arms. The University’s coat of arms is an adaptation of the coat of arms of the Clarkson family, founders of the school.
Background: The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally authorized 2 July 1953. It was amended to change “College of Technology” to “University” and to reflect the school’s coat of arms. The description and symbolism of the new design on authorize 30 December 1994. (TIOH Drawing Number A-10S-127)