4TH MAINTENANCE BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia

Description
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 5/32 inches (2.94 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per saltire crimson and Or, four flames of fire counterchanged. Attached below the shield a Gold scroll inscribed “FOR ALL” in Red letters.

Symbolism
Crimson and yellow are the colors of the Ordnance Department. The four flames symbolize the functions of the organization in supplying of fire power, and are indicative of the numerical designation of the Battalion, viz, 4. The motto is expressive of the zealous endeavors of the personnel in the performance of their duties.

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 4th Ordnance Battalion on 6 March 1943. It was redesignated for the 4th Maintenance Battalion on 8 June 1966.




Coat of Arms

Coat of Arms

Blazon

Shield

Per saltire Crimson and Or, four flames of fire counterchanged.

Crest

On a wreath Or and Crimson, a sea lion erect of the first armed and langued Azure Celestial grasping a keystone of the last surmounted by a double-warded key erect Argent and gorged about the neck with a collar divided per fess of the second and of the third charged with two cinquefoils silver.

Motto

FOR ALL.

Symbolism

Shield

Crimson and yellow are the colors of the Ordnance Department. The four flames symbolize the functions of the organization in supplying of fire power, and are indicative of the numerical designation of the Battalion, viz, 4.

Crest

The sea lion, from the arms of the City of Manila, capitol of the Philippines, stands for the Battalion’s World War II service for which it was awarded the Philippine Presidential Unit Citation. The red and blue collar with two white representations of the Korean national flower, the Althea, stands for the Battalion’s Korean service for which it received two Meritorious Unit Commendations. The keystone and key refer to the maintenance function of the unit as an essential factor of support.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 4th Ordnance Battalion on 6 March 1943. It was redesignated for the 4th Maintenance Battalion and amended to add the crest on 11 July 1966.





Jump to Top