ShieldGules, an eagle's head erased Argent gorged with a collar Sable charged with a Lorraine cross of the second.
CrestOn a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules, a pick palewise, a double-end tool post wrench and shovel saltirewise Argent, overall a spur gear Sable.
ShieldThe shield is red with the charge in silver, the colors of the Engineer Corps. The eagle's head is taken from one of the supporters of the coat of arms of St. Mihiel.
CrestThe crest indicates the Regiment was mechanical, as well as general service.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 24th Engineer Regiment on 26 June 1931. It was redesignated for the 24th Engineer Battalion (Armored) on 27 June 1941. It was redesignated for the 24th Armored Engineer Battalion on 23 July 1954. The insignia was redesignated for the 24th Engineer Battalion on 7 March 1958.