769TH ENGINEER BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per fess Gules and Or, in chief a mullet of six points of the second and in base a pale Azure. Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "DIEU AVEC NOUS" in Red letters.

Symbolism
The colors red and yellow are used for Artillery. Blue represents the Infantry origin and the battle honor awarded as part of an Infantry unit. The present function of the organization is indicated by the six-pointed star, symbolizing an air burst of an Artillery shell. The motto translates to "God With Us."

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 769th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion on 24 May 1954. It was redesignated for the 769th Signal Battalion on 4 January 1961. The insignia was redesignated for the 769th Engineer Battalion on 29 January 1968.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Per fess Gules and Or, in chief a mullet of six points of the second and in base a pale Azure.

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Louisiana Army National Guard: On a wreath of the colors Or and Gules, a pelican in her piety affronté with three young in nest, Argent armed and vulned Proper.

Motto

DIEU AVEC NOUS (God With Us).

Symbolism

Shield

The colors red and yellow are used for Artillery. Blue represents the Infantry origin and the battle honor awarded as part of an Infantry unit. The present function of the organization is indicated by the six-pointed star, symbolizing an air burst of an Artillery shell.

Crest

The crest is that of the Louisiana Army National Guard.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 769th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion on 24 May 1954. It was redesignated for the 769th Signal Battalion on 4 January 1961. The insignia was redesignated for the 769th Engineer Battalion on 29 January 1968.





Jump to Top