326TH GLIDER INFANTRY REGIMENT
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/4 inches (3.18 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Azure, a fess wavy Argent, at the fess point overall a billet Or voided of the field, in chief a boar's head erased of the third (Or) in the mouth an oak branch fructed Proper (Green leaves, Gold acorns) and in base two fleurs-de-lis of the third (Or). Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "ASPERA JUVANT" in Blue letters.

Symbolism
The shield is blue for Infantry; the fess wavy represents the Aire River, the blue oblong edged with gold represents the bridge across the river at Marcq on the St. Juvin Road where the Regiment crossed in October 1918. The board's head is the crest of General James Oglethorpe, the founder of Georgia colony, and indicates the allocation of the 326th to that State. The two fleurs-de-lis indicate the Regiment's participation in the two major operations. The motto translates to "Difficulties Delight."

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 326th Infantry Regiment on 12 May 1925. It was redesignated for the 326th Glider Infantry Regiment on 22 October 1942.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Azure, a fess wavy Argent, at the fess point overall a billet Or voided of the field, in chief a boar's head erased of the third (Or) in the mouth an oak branch fructed Proper (Green leaves, Gold acorns) and in base two fleurs-de-lis of the third (Or).

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Azure, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Motto

ASPERA JUVANT (Difficulties Delight).

Symbolism

Shield

The shield is blue for Infantry; the fess wavy represents the Aire River, the blue oblong edged with gold represents the bridge across the river at Marcq on the St. Juvin Road where the Regiment crossed in October 1918. The board's head is the crest of General James Oglethorpe, the founder of Georgia colony, and indicates the allocation of the 326th to that State. The two fleurs-de-lis indicate the Regiment's participation in the two major operations.

Crest

The crest is that of the United States Army Reserve.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 326th Infantry Regiment on 12 May 1925. It was redesignated for the 326th Glider Infantry Regiment on 22 October 1942.





Jump to Top