ShieldPer bend wavy Gules and Argent, on the first a sea horse naiant of the second; a bordure similarly divided counterchanged.
CrestOn a wreath of the colors, Argent and Gules, between two palm branches Or a castle tower embattled with four merlons barbed Sable, and pendant therefrom a plumb bob stringed Or charged with three barrulets of the second.
MottoACUTUM ACUMAN (Sharpness of Ingenuity).
ShieldThe shield of the coat of arms originally approved for the 36th Engineer Combat Regiment, differenced by a border, is used to indicate the descent of the 19th Engineer Combat Battalion from the 3d Battalion of that organization. The colors red and white are used for Engineers. The wavy partition line and the sea horse symbolize the former Regiment's activities and participation in marine transportation operations.
CrestThe palm branches represent participation in two campaigns in North Africa during World War II; the castle tower denotes eight campaigns in Europe and the barbed merlons on the castle signify the Battalion's participation in four assault landings. The yellow plumb bob with three red bars refers to the flag of the Republic of South Vietnam where the unit served in thirteen campaigns.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 19th Engineer Combat Battalion on 19 December 1952. It was redesignated for the 19th Engineer Battalion on 17 December 1959. The insignia was amended to add a crest and correct the spelling of the motto on 6 July 1976.