463D ENGINEER BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 5/32 inches (2.94 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Gules masoned Argent, on a bend wavy of the last three bars Sable. Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Silver scroll inscribed "COMPLERE" in Black letters.

Symbolism
Red and white are the colors of the Corps of Engineers. The wavy bend, taken from the coat of arms of the Rheinprovinz and charged with three bars, represents the European campaign honors awarded the Battalion for service during World War II. The bars, representative of bridges, and the masonry symbolize the engineer functions of the organization. The motto translates to "To Complete."

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 983d Engineer Construction Battalion on 5 March 1953. It was redesignated for the 983d Engineer Battalion on 30 April 1962. The insignia was amended to correct the motto on 15 June 1970. It was redesignated for the 463d Engineer Battalion on 8 April 1977.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Gules masoned Argent, on a bend wavy of the last three bars Sable.

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the Common in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Motto

COMPLERE (To Complete).

Symbolism

Shield

Red and white are the colors of the Corps of Engineers. The wavy bend, taken from the coat of arms of the Rheinprovinz and charged with three bars, represents the European campaign honors awarded the Battalion for service during World War II. The bars, representative of bridges, and the masonry symbolize the engineer functions of the organization.

Crest

The crest is that of the United States Army Reserve.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 983d Engineer Construction Battalion on 5 March 1953. It was redesignated for the 983d Engineer Battalion on 30 April 1962. The insignia was amended to correct the motto on 15 June 1970. It was redesignated for the 463d Engineer Battalion on 8 April 1977.





Jump to Top