208TH ARMOR REGIMENT
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 3/32 inches (2.78 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Azure, a fasces in pale, the axe Or, the rods Argent banded of the first, supported by two lions, the dexter rampant guardant, the sinister rampant, both of the second, a bordure of the like. Below the shield is a Black scroll turned Gold inscribed "MIGHT FOR RIGHT" in Gold letters.

Symbolism
The shield of the coat of arms of the 108th Infantry Regiment is used, differenced by a border, to indicate the descent from the 1st Battalion of that organization. Yellow is the color used for Armor. The fasces represents France, and on either side and supporting it, the lions of Great Britain and Belgium.

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 208th Tank Battalion on 30 April 1956. It was amended to include the motto on 6 August 1956. The insignia was redesignated for the 208th Armor Regiment on 15 April 1966.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Azure, a fasces in pale, the axe Or, the rods Argent banded of the first, supported by two lions armed and langued Gules, the dexter rampant guardant, the sinister rampant, both of the second, a bordure of the like.

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the New York Army National Guard: On a wreath of the colors Or and Azure, the full-rigged ship "Half Moon" all Proper.

Motto

MIGHT FOR RIGHT.

Symbolism

Shield

The shield of the coat of arms of the 108th Infantry Regiment is used, differenced by a border, to indicate the descent from the 1st Battalion of that organization. Yellow is the color used for Armor. The fasces represents France, and on either side and supporting it, the lions of Great Britain and Belgium.

Crest

The crest is that of the New York Army National Guard.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 208th Tank Battalion on 30 April 1956. It was redesignated for the 208th Armor Regiment on 15 April 1966.





Jump to Top