ShieldAzure, on a mount a tiger sejant Argent, armed and langued Gules, supporting a battle-axe in pale of the second, embrued of the third.
CrestOn a wreath of the colors Argent and Azure in front of a wreath of laurel Proper and below two lances in saltire of the first a volcano Sable enflames overall Proper and charged in base with an hourglass divided per fess Gules and of the second and fimbriated of the first, above the flames a Blue fleur-de-lis charged with a Gold mullet.
MottoINSISTE FIRMITER (Stand To It Stoutly).
ShieldThe carnivorous tiger is symbolic of the "enemy devouring" qualities of the organization. Unlike the man-eating lion, which only attacks man in its dotage, the ferocious tiger attacks at all ages and at any time; the battle-axe symbolizes the offensive mission of a Tank Battalion.
CrestThe volcano is an allusion to Mt. Etna, the most distinctive feature of the island of Sicily, where the 77th Armor landed to begin its arduous World War II campaign history. The eruption of flames refers to the unit's subsequent participation in thirteen campaigns throughout Italy, France, Germany and finally Korea. Two awards of the French Croix de Guerre, with Palm, are identified by the surrounding branches of laurel, while a third award with silver gilt star is marked by the star on the fleur-de-lis which refers to an assault landing in Southern France. Crossed lances denote the grand courage and aggressive spirit displayed by the men of this Regiment throughout its many campaigns. The red and blue hourglass shape is an adaptation of the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 7th Division with which the 77th Armor served in Korea through six campaigns, twice receiving the Korean Presidential Unit Citation.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 753d Tank Battalion (Medium) on 26 June 1942. It was redesignated for the 753d Tank Battalion on 23 November 1943. It was redesignated for the 77th Heavy Tank Battalion on 22 June 1950. The insignia was redesignated for the 77th Armor Regiment on 15 February 1962. It was amended to add a crest on 20 October 1965.