ShieldVert, in orle thirty-three plates.
CrestOn a wreath Argent and Vert, a mound of the last charged in base with a broken meat hook of the first and supporting a castle of two towers of the like, the castle wall embattled of five and charged with a lion rampant Sable, armed and langued Gules, beneath an escutcheon tierced per pale of the second, the fourth, and the second, charged with a mullet Or.
MottoMAN OF WAR.
ShieldThe shield is green and white for the Armored Forces. The thirty-three plates designated the number of the organization.
CrestThe white (silver) castle on a green mound is taken in part from the coat of arms of the city of Mons, province of Hainaut, Belgium. Only two towers of the castle are shown in reference to the two savage attacks, spearheaded by the 33rd Armor Regiment, during the period 31 August ? 3 September, 1944, on Mons which resulted in its capture from the German 7th Army, alluded to by the meat hook (a charge frequently found in German heraldry) the broken pieces simulating the numeral "7." The liberation of Mons, symbolized by the black lion taken from the coat of arms of Hainaut, and the mauling given elements of the German 7th Army profoundly affected subsequent campaigns as the German 7th Army was moving back to reinforce the Siegfried Line of the Western border of Germany. The 33rd Armor Regiment for its gallant and decisive action in the battle and capture of Mons was awarded, on 15 July 1946, the French Croix de Guerre with Silver Gilt Star by the Provisional Government of France. This award is symbolized by the green, red and green shield with gold star, green and red being the colors of the French Croix de Guerre and fourragere. The five embattlements of the castle wall allude to the five World War II campaigns in which the Regiment participated.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 33d Armored Regiment on 26 March 1942. It was redesignated for the 33d Tank Battalion on 28 July 1949. It was redesignated for the 33d Medium Tank Battalion on 20 September 1954. The insignia was redesignated for the 33d Tank Battalion on 3 April 1956. It was redesignated for the 33d Armor Regiment on 1 July 1958. It was redesignated for the 33d Cavalry Regiment effective 28 June 2005.