377TH REGIMENT
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Argent, on a fess Vert seven gouttés d'eau four and three, between three gouttés d'olive in chief and seven in base, four and three. Attached below the shield a Silver scroll inscribed "NI GA DA E SA SDI" in Green letters.

Symbolism
The shield is white (silver) for Infantry; the green fess indicates that the unit lies in the oil belt; the gouttés resemble drops of oil seven drops on the fess, three above and seven below, give a readable figure "377," the number of the Regiment. The motto is Cherokee Indian for "Onward."

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally for the 377th Infantry Regiment on 11 August 1927. It was redesignated for the 377th Regiment on 24 January 1962.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Argent, on a fess Vert seven gouttés d'eau four and three, between three gouttés d'olive in chief and seven in base, four and three.

Crest

That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Vert the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the Common in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Motto

NI GA DA E SA SDI (Onward).

Symbolism

Shield

The shield is white (silver) for Infantry; the green fess indicates that the unit lies in the oil belt; the gouttés resemble drops of oil seven drops on the fess, three above and seven below, give a readable figure "377," the number of the Regiment.

Crest

The crest is that of the United States Army Reserve.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 377th Infantry Regiment on 14 July 1925. It was redesignated for the 377th Regiment on 24 January 1962.





Jump to Top