ShieldPer fess Gules and Vert, on a canton Argent a five-bastioned fort Gules and thereon a crescent Or.
CrestOn a wreath of the colors Agent and Gules, a rising sun showing 13 rays behind a dexter arm embowed habited at the shoulder the hand grasping a hammer all Proper.
MottoIN OMNIA PARATUS (In All Things Prepared).
ShieldIn the reconstitution and reorganization of the regiment in 1921 as the 13th Engineer Regiment (General Service) the personnel of the 1st Battalion of the 5th Engineers was transferred to this organization. The descent of the personnel from the 5th Engineer Regiment is indicated by the canton. The charge on the canton is the crest of that regiment with the colors reversed. The 5th Engineers was formed from the 2nd Engineers whose units go back to 1861. The five-bastioned fort, in addition to indicating the number of the regiment recalls the Santiago Campaign of 1898. The crescent represents the fighting against the Philippine Moros. The white of the canton with the red of upper half of shield forms the Engineer colors. The green indicates the original school status of the regiment.
CrestThe rising sun is indicative of the spirit of the Corps of Engineers, promptness, an early start. The number of rays, thirteen, alternating heat and light, represents the unit, the 13th Engineers. The upraised arm, clasping in the hand the blacksmith's hammer, denotes accomplishment in the manual arts, necessary in all engineering work. The 13th Engineers is organized as a General Service Regiment.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 13th Engineer Regiment on 21 January 1922. It was amended to add the crest and motto (complete the coat of arms) on 30 June 1924. It was redesignated for the 13th Engineer Combat Battalion on 18 February 1943. The insignia was redesignated for the 13th Engineer Battalion on 19 March 1958.