A gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86cm) in height overall consisting of a nonagon divided diagonally from lower left to upper right, the upper area light gray and the lower area black, bearing overall a blue oblong with long axis vertical, charged with a gold silhouette of the bust of a Puritan with a flintlock blunderbuss on his shoulder.
The diagonally divided gray and black background refers to the shoulder sleeve insignia worn by the 94th Infantry Division during World War II. The geometric four-sided figure commemorates the four European campaign honors. Blue is the color used for Infantry. The bust of the Puritan with flintlock blunderbuss is from the shoulder sleeve insignia worn during the period 1923-1942 and 1956-1991. It represents the history and traditions of the area with which past and present organizations have always identified. The nine sides of the device and the four sides of the oblong also allude to the numerical designation of the unit.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally authorized for the 94th U.S. Army Reserve Command on 4 June 1970. It was reassigned and authorized for 94th U.S. Army Regional Support Command effective 16 April 1996. The insignia was redesignated effective 16 July 2003, for the U.S. Army 94th Regional Readiness Command. It was redesignated effective 16 September 2009, for the 94th Training Division.