ShieldVert, on a mound issuant from base a representation of the mythological forge of Vulcan Argent fired Proper, in base a hammer and in sinister base an anvil of the second.
CrestOn a wreath of the colors Argent and Vert a grenade Sable enflamed Proper between two laurel sprigs each of three leaves all surmounted in base by a horizontal double open end wrench of the first, handle Gules.
ShieldThe shield is green and white, the colors of the Armored Force, the original unit. Hephaestus, or Vulcan Greek mythological god of fire, especially of terrestrial fire, volcanic eruption, the glow of the forge or hearth, was the blacksmith of the gods, the finest artificer among them. He built the dwellings of the other gods, he made the scepter of Jove, the shields and spears of the Olympians, the arrows of Apollo and Diana, the breastplate of Hercules and the shield of Achilles.
CrestThe double open wrench and grenade refer to the ordnance maintenance mission of the organization during World War II. The six laurel leaves symbolize the unit's campaigns during World War II in Italy and North Africa while the color scarlet alludes to the Meritorious Unit Commendation award.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 1st Armored Division Maintenance Battalion on 14 October 1942. It was redesignated for the 123d Ordnance Maintenance Battalion on 28 May 1945. It was redesignated for the 123d Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion on 29 July 1952. The insignia was redesignated for the 123d Ordnance Battalion on 13 September 1957. It was redesignated for the 123d Maintenance Battalion on 31 January 1962. It was amended to add a crest on 19 October 1972. It was redesignated for the 123d Support Battalion with the symbolism amended on 31 July 1987.