A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Quarterly Gules, a cross Argent; in the first quarter a lyre, in the second quarter a winged foot, in the third quarter a lamp of knowledge, and in the fourth quarter an open book all of the last. Above the shield, is the head of a Pioneer wearing a coonskin cap facing sinister and grasping the end of a rifle in his hand. Attached below the shield, a Black scroll inscribed "PIONEER PRIDE" in base metal letters.
Red and black are the school's colors. The school's mascot is the Pioneer. The Pioneer has been the school's mascot since it opened in 1921. The pioneer symbolizes bravery, courage, and valor. The school's motto is "Pioneer Pride," and was chosen to represent the pioneer spirit that was evident in the area when the land was settled and the school was created in the fall of 1921. Although the building has changed many times during the years, the mascot and motto has not.
The shoulder loop insignia was authorized 15 April 2008.