Gules (Brick Red) a lymphad Or sail furled, oars in action Sable blades Silver, bow and stern staffs each flotant with a flag and the mast with a pennant Azure, between three plates.
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: From a wreath Or and Gules (Brick Red), the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
IMPERAT AEQUOR (He Commands The Wide Sea).
Brick red and golden yellow are the colors used for the Transportation Corps. The lymphad is symbolic of sea dominion and commerce. Pennsylvania, where the predecessor unit, the 483d Port Battalion, activated, is indicated by the three plates taken from the coat of arms of the family of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania. The motto, "IMPERAT AEQUOR" (He Commands the High Seas), is expressive of the maritime activity of the predecessor unit.
The crest is that of the U.S. Army Reserve.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 483d Quartermaster Battalion on 16 January 1943. It was redesignated for the 483d Port Battalion on 3 June 1944. It was cancelled on 11 April 1969. The insignia was reinstated for the 483d Transportation Battalion on 4 December 1996.