A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Crimson, on a bend per bend Buff and Azure fimbriated Or, in dexter chief a cross patteé of the last. Attached below the shield a gold scroll inscribed "PEXAGIMUS" in Blue letters.
Crimson and yellow are colors associated with the Ordnance Corps and reflect the unit's former designation as an Ordnance Battalion. The diagonal band is buff and blue for the Quartermaster Company, through which the organization inherits its battle honors and decorations. The cross, taken from the arms of Rome, the capital city of Italy, alludes to the organization's World War II service in that country.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 747th Ordnance Battalion, Minnesota National Guard on 24 February 1955. It was amended to correct the wording in the description of the shield on 23 March 1955. It was redesignated on 11 October 1963, for the 747th Maintenance Battalion, Minnesota National Guard. It was redesignated with description and symbolism revised, for the 434th Maintenance Battalion on 18 April 1991. The insignia was redesignated for the 434th Support Battalion, Minnesota Army National Guard on 1 March 1995.