Buff, a pale wavy Azure fimbriated Argent between a Lorraine cross (straight-armed cross with two transverses) of the second (Azure) fimbriated of the third (Argent) and an oak tree Proper.
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: From a wreath Argent and Buff, the Lexington Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The color of the shield is that of the Quartermaster Corps. The blue wavy pale represents the Vesle River; the cross, the service in Lorraine; and the oak tree, the Argonne.
The crest is that of the United States Army Reserve.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 77th Division Train, Quartermaster Corps, Organized Reserves on 27 October 1925. It was redesignated for the 402d Quartermaster Regiment on 30 December 1937. It was redesignated for the 402d Quartermaster Battalion on 27 March 1942. The insignia was redesignated for the 77th Supply and Transportation Battalion on 11 March 1964. It was redesignated effective 16 September 2009, for the 77th Support Battalion.