124TH SIGNAL BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A silver metal and enamel device 1 1/16 inches (2.70 cm) in height and 1 1/16 inches (2.70 cm) in width overall consisting of a square with chamfered corners, one corner up, divided horizontally, the upper half of orange charged with a right hand wearing a silver gauntlet and grasping three silver lightning flashes, one vertically between two in saltire, the lower half of silver charged with an orange winged black wheel in perspective.

Symbolism
Orange and white are the colors for the Signal Corps. The functions of the organization are symbolized by the strong right hand of the personnel grasping the electric flashes indicating speed. The numerical designation is indicated by the four sides of the square.

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 4th Signal Company on 12 April 1943. It was redesignated for the 124th Signal Battalion on 5 January 1959. The insignia was amended to correct the description on 21 June 1968. It was amended to update the description on 24 February 2004.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Per fess Tenné (Orange) and Argent (White) in chief a dexter hand encased in a gauntlet Proper grasping three lightning flashes, one in pale, two saltirewise, of the second (White), in base a wheel arraswise Sable (Black) winged of the first (Orange).

Crest

On a wreath of the colors Argent and Tenné a lion passant gardant grasping in dexter forepaw a pheon Argent (Silver).

Motto

THE VOICE OF THE SAINTS.

Symbolism

Shield

Orange and white are the colors for the Signal Corps. The design, taken from the badge of the former 4th Signal Company, symbolizes the battalion's functions.

Crest

The lion is taken from the arms of Normandy. The heraldic representation of the spearhead held aloft is a reference to the battalion's participation in the invasion of Normandy.

Background
The coat of arms was approved on 5 January 1959. It was amended to correct the blazon of the shield on 21 June 1968. The insignia was amended on 24 February 2004, to correct the blazon of the shield and crest.





Jump to Top