114TH SIGNAL BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height consisting of a shield blazoned: Per pale Tenné and Argent, on a chevron enhanced two lightning flashes, all counterchanged, in base a horse rampant Sable. Attached on top of the shield is a Black scroll inscribed with "SIGNAL MASTERS" and on the bottom is a Black scroll inscribed with "OF THE ROCK" in Gold letters.

Symbolism
Orange and white are the colors traditionally associated with the Signal Corps. The shield is counterchanged to underscore teamwork and unity. The chevron symbolizes protection and support. The two lightning flashes refer to the honorable service provided by the unit during its two previous activations in 1944-1946 and 1959-1968. The rampant horse embodies zeal, action and the battalion's readiness to serve the country.

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was approved effective 16 October 2003.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Per pale Tenné and Argent, on a chevron enhanced two lightning flashes, all counterchanged, in base a horse rampant Sable.

Crest

From a wreath Argent and Tenné a gauntlet closed of the first grasping a lightning flash fesswise Gules fimbriated Or.

Motto

SIGNAL MASTERS OF THE ROCK.

Symbolism

Shield

Orange and white are the colors traditionally associated with the Signal Corps. The shield is counterchanged to underscore teamwork and unity. The chevron symbolizes protection and support. The two lightning flashes refer to the honorable service provided by the unit during its two previous activations in 1944-1946 and 1959-1968. The rampant horse embodies zeal, action and the battalion's readiness to serve the country.

Crest

The gauntlet grasping the lightning flash symbolizes the unit's signal mission, the gauntlet representing military preparedness and the flash, the signal service for military communications. The red lightning flash is the color of the Meritorious Unit Commendation awarded to the battalion.

Background
The coat of arms was approved effective 16 October 2003.





Jump to Top