Argent, two bars wavy Azure, overall a quill palewise Tenné fimbriated on the second of the first.
From a wreath Argent and Azure a chevron Vert superimposed by a cubit arm in armor gauntleted enbowed of the first holding a lightning flash barbed at either end bendwise Or.
HONOR HERITAGE HISTORY.
The colors white and orange are for the Signal Corps. The microwave functions are symbolized by the two slightly wavy bars, which also represent the Tiber and Po Rivers, thus alluding to the Rome-Arno and Po Valley campaigns. The quill pen is a play on the Celtic word "pen" for mountaintop, from which the name Apennine is believed to derive. It also symbolizes communications.
The arm in armor underscores combat readiness and the unit's service during World War II. The two barbs on the lightning flash commemorate the unit's campaigns in the North Apennines and Po Valley, while the flash itself highlights speed and electronic capabilities. The chevron suggests the rugged and forested Apennines mountains; green alludes to the fertility of the Po Valley.
The coat of arms was originally approved on 25 November 1955. It was rescinded (cancelled) on 2 December 1960. It was reinstated on 5 August 1972. The coat of arms was amended to include a crest on 18 February 1997.