15TH SIGNAL BRIGADE
Skip Navigation Links.
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia


Description/Blazon
On a rectangular embroidered device arched convexly at top and bottom and edged with a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) yellow border, divided diagonally from upper left to lower right, white above orange, separated by a yellow lightning flash. The upper right contains a black lamp of knowledge with a yellow and orange flame and the lower left contains the signal flag in red and white suspended from a yellow baton. Overall dimensions are 3 inches (7.62 cm) in height and 2 inches (5.08 cm) in width.

Symbolism
The colors orange and white represent the Signal Corps. The yellow lightning bolt alludes to the speed of communications and support to the war fighter. The lamp of knowledge symbolizes scholastic activities of the school which the unit serves. The signal flag is suspended from the baton, which was adopted from a badge originated in 1865 called the "Order of the Signal Corps" and represents the unit's mission to provide trained soldiers to the Signal Regiment.

Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was approved on 22 December 2009. (TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-1019)




Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned as follows: Per bend Argent and Tenné in sinister chief a lamp of knowledge Sable, flamant Proper; and attached below the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "FIDELITER SERVIMUS" in Black letters.

Symbolism
The shield is in the colors of the Signal Corps. The lamp of knowledge represents scholastic activities of the school which the unit serves. The motto is translated "Faithfully We Serve."

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 15th Signal (Service) Battalion on 13 December 1941. It was redesignated for the 15th Signal Service Regiment on 28 February 1942. The insignia was rescinded on 27 January 1959. It was reinstated, redesignated and amended to add a description for the 15th Signal Brigade on 11 July 1986. The insignia was amended to correct the description on 15 August 1986.





Jump to Top