4TH SIGNAL BATTALION
Skip Navigation Links.
Distinctive Unit Insignia


Description/Blazon
A Silver metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Argent issuant from base four mountains Tenné, spanning each peak a flash Gules, in chief a bear's head erased Sable. Attached below the shield a Black scroll inscribed "WE GET THE MESSAGE THROUGH" in Silver letters.

Symbolism
Orange and white are the colors of the Signal Corps. The functions of the organization are implied by the four mountains representative of the state of activation, California, and connected by the signal or lightning flashes implying immediate contact. The bear's head is added for design and further refers to the grizzly of California, heraldically symbolizing a policy equal to the great strength of the bear and anciently was employed as an emblem of ferocity in the protection of kindred.

Background
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 4th Armored Signal Battalion on 19 February 1943. It was redesignated for the 4th Signal Battalion, Corps, on 20 March 1953. The insignia was redesignated for the 4th Signal Battalion (Corps) on 15 March 1955.




Coat of Arms


Description/Blazon

Shield

Argent issuant from base four mountains Tenné, spanning each peak a flash Gules, in chief a bear's head erased Sable.

Crest

None.

Motto

WE GET THE MESSAGE THROUGH.

Symbolism

Shield

Orange and white are the colors of the Signal Corps. The functions of the organization are implied by the four mountains representative of the state of activation, California, and connected by the signal or lightning flashes implying immediate contact. The bear's head is added for design and further refers to the grizzly of California, heraldically symbolizing a policy equal to the great strength of the bear and anciently was employed as an emblem of ferocity in the protection of kindred.

Crest

None.

Background
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 4th Armored Signal Battalion on 19 February 1943. It was redesignated for the 4th Signal Battalion, Corps on 20 March 1953. The coat of arms was redesignated for the 4th Signal Battalion (Corps) on 15 March 1955.





Jump to Top