Argent, a buck's head attired of ten tynes couped Proper.
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: From a wreath Argent and Azure, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker, (H.H.Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
VIGILANS ET CELER (Vigilant and Swift).
The 395th Infantry, Organized Reserves, was organized in 1921. It had its headquarters at Franklin, Pennsylvania, and drew its personnel from Pennsylvania. The shield is silver, the old color of Infantry. The buck's head was used to indicate the allocation of the organization to the mountainous section of Pennsylvania, where deer abound.
The crest is that of the U.S. Army Reserve.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 395th Regiment Infantry, Organized Reserves on 15 Jun 1931. It was redesignated for the 395th Regiment on 7 Jun 1999.