Azure, a pairle reversed Argent.
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: From a wreath Argent and Azure, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
AUDAX ET CAUTUS (Bold and Wary).
The 394th Infantry, Organized Reserves, was organized in November 1921, as a unit of the 197th Brigade, 99th Division; Headquarters of the Regiment was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and the entire personnel of the original unit was drawn from Pennsylvania. The shield is blue for Infantry. The reversed pairle represents the Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers flowing into the Ohio River, thus indicating the territory to which the regiment is allocated.
The crest is that of the U.S. Army Reserves.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 394th Regiment Infantry, Organized Reserves on 2 Dec 1929. It was redesignated for the 394th Regiment on 27 Apr 1999.