Azure, over a pairle reversed Argent a castle Or.
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Army Reserve: From a wreath Argent and Azure, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The 393d Infantry was organized as a unit of the Organized Reserves in November, 1921. The shield is blue for Infantry. The pairle reversed represents the Allegheny and Mononaghela Rivers going to form the Ohio River at Pittsburgh, the location of the original unit. The castle is taken from the crest of the city coat of arms.
The crest is that of the U.S. Army Reserves.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 393d Infantry Regiment, Organized Reserves on 7 Apr 1930. It was redesignated for the 393d Regiment on 26 Apr 1999.