A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per chevron Gules (Crimson) and Or, in chief a gear wheel and a stylized shell fesswise of the last and in base a wreath of palm Proper. Attached at the sides and below the shield a Red scroll inscribed "CUPIDUS ET PARATUS" in Gold letters.
The colors crimson and yellow are for the Ordnance Corps. The gears indicate the general mechanical mission of the unit and the shell symbolizes the general supply mission. The point represents Mount Rainier and the general geographical location. The palm wreath is for combat service in the pacific in World War II.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 741st Ordnance Battalion on 19 November 1956. It was rescinded on 21 March 1975. The insignia was reinstated for the 741st Ordnance Battalion with description updated on 19 March 2002.