On a red seven-sided polygon one side up of 1 5/16 inches (3.33cm) circumscribing radius, a yellow griffin passant.
The seven-sided figure is representative of the seven states within which the Division was activated, while the griffin is symbolic of striking power from the air and strength on the ground.
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the 108th Airborne Division on 10 May 1948. It was amended to add the airborne tab on 1 June 1949. On 30 March 1953, the insignia was redesignated for the 108th Infantry Division and amended to delete the airborne tab. On 7 September 1960, the insignia was redesignated for the 108th Division. It was redesignated effective 16 September 2008, for the 108th Training Command with the description updated. (TIOH Drawing Number A-1-153)