Azure, a bend Gules fimbriated Argent between in chief a pine tree Proper and in base a cross botonny with all lines curved (from the badge of the 18th Corps in the Civil War) of the second fimbriated Or. On a canton Gules fimbriated Or a mullet of six points, one up, of the like charged with an annulet Azure, environing a torteau on which is a cross Or (from the badge of the Independent Corps of Cadets of 1741).
That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Massachusetts Army National Guard: From a wreath Argent and Azure, a dexter arm embowed, clothed Blue and ruffed White Proper the hand grasping a broad sword Argent the pommel and hilt Or.
MONSTRAT VIAM (It Points the Way)
The shield is blue for the Infantry origin of the "Corps." The pine tree indicates the Revolutionary War Service, and the cross botonny was the badge of the 18th Corps in the Civil War. The red bend piped with white is for the Engineer service in 1917-18. In the canton is the old badge of the Cadets, and the motto "MONSTRAT VIAM" (IT POINTS THE WAY) has long accompanied the six-pointed star.
The crest is that of the Massachusetts Army National Guard.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 211th Artillery, C.A.C, on 19 Oct 1922. It was amended on 24 Aug 1923 to correct the wording of the blazonry of the shield and crest. On 20 Apr 1950 the coat of arms was redesignated for the 126th Heavy Tank Battalion. It was redesignated for the 220th Infantry on 1 Jun 1961. On 13 Sep 1984 the insignia was redesignated for the 126th Signal Battalion. The coat of arms was redesignated for the 211th Military Police Battalion on 16 Jul 1996.