Per pale Or and Gules (Crimson), on a bordure nineteen roundels all counterchanged.
On a wreath of the colors Or and Gules (Crimson) a demi lion rampant of the first armed and langued Celeste resting his sinister paw on a fleur-de-lis couped of the last and grasping in his dexter paw a grenade enflamed of five tongues of Gold.
MORE THAN EXPECTED
Crimson and gold are colors traditionally associated with the Ordnance Corps, the former organization. The nineteen cannon balls are used to represent the numerical designation of the Battalion.
The lion and fleur-de-lis refer to the rampant lions and fleur-de-lis symbols frequently depicted on the State and Provincial Arms in the European areas where the unit served during World War II. The grenade alludes to the Ordnance Corps and refers to the lineage of the organization. The five-tongued flame represents the unit's participation in the Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes-Alsace, Rhineland and Central Europe campaigns.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 19th Ordnance Battalion on 4 Dec 1941. It was rescinded on 28 Mar 1958. On 12 Nov 1965, it was authorized for the 19th Maintenance Battalion. On 7 Sep 1972, the coat of arms was amended to add a crest. The insignia was cancelled on 13 Jun 1974. The coat of arms was reinstated on 16 Feb 1993, without the crest and the symbolism was revised. On 5 Mar 1999, the coat of arms was corrected to include the previously authorized crest.