Argent, a fess Azure between in chief a hurt charged with the three columned temple of Georgia of the first (Argent) and in base a Lorraine cross (a straight armed cross with two horizontal traverses of unequal length, the shorter traverse near the top, the longer traverse a like distance from the base) of the second (Azure).
From a wreath Argent and Azure a pair of wings conjoined in lure Argent, the dexter charged with an estoile Gules and the sinister with a lion rampant of the like, a trident palewise Vert the staff surmounted by an inverted keystone of the first charged with a linden leaf of the fourth.
The shield is white with a blue fess, the Infantry colors. The blue disc on the chief is from the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 82d Division, under whom the unit was originally organized, and is charged with the white temple from the seal of the State of Georgia, where the unit was initially organized. The blue Lorraine cross indicates the heavy service of the regiment in World War I in the province of that name.
As the 325th Infantry was a glider organization during World War II, the wings are an adaptation of those used on the Glider Qualification badge that, charged with the red six-pointed star (from the arms of Cherbourg), alludes to the glider landing on the Cherbourg Peninsula and that, with the red rampant lion, to the glider landing at Nijmegen, the Netherlands. The trident alludes to "Operation Neptune" which launched the invasion of Normandy, and three tines of the trident refer to North Africa and action in Sicily and Italy prior to the Normandy Assault. The inverted keystone simulates a type of tank obstacle (dragon's tooth) which protected the Siegfried line, the linden leaf alluding to the 325th Infantry being the first to pierce and overrun its defenses. (According to Teutonic mythology, Siegfried bathed in the blood of the dragon, Fafnir, and as a result was said to be invulnerable; only between the shoulders where a leaf had settled, could he be overcome and killed.) The linden leaf also refers to the subsequent occupation of Berlin.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 325th Regiment Infantry, Organized Reserve, on 22 April 1925. It was amended to correct the blazon of the shield on 11 August 1925. The insignia was redesignated on 24 October 1942, for the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Organized Reserve. The insignia was redesignated and amended to delete the Organized Reserve Crest, for the 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment on 9 January 1956. The insignia was redesignated for the 325th Infantry Regiment on 6 June 1958. It was amended to add a crest on 10 October 962. The coat of arms was amended to correct the blazon of the crest on 24 November 1995.