Per fess Gules and vaire of the first and Argent, in chief three piles wavy, the points meeting in fess of the last, each charged with a fleur-de-lis of the first.
On a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules a demi-double-headed eagle displayed Or langued Azure charged with three arrowheads points down Sable surmounted in base by a tower of the fourth in front of and between two oak sprays with acorns of the second and leaves Vert.
I MAINTAIN THE RIGHT.
The vaire is representative of the building problems encountered and the piles of the wedges used in driving and building, their wavy form being emblematical of the sea, which was crossed in acquiring the three earned battle honors of Lorraine, St. Mihiel and Meuse-Argonne, symbolized in the three fleurs-de-lis on the piles.
The crest symbolizes the organization's awards for service in World War II. The double-headed eagle suggested by the coat of arms of Nijmegen, Netherlands, refers to the unit's decoration of the Military Order of William (Degree of the Knight, Fourth Class), Streamer inscribed "NIJMEGEN 1944;" the colors yellow and blue are from the streamer. The oak sprays in red and green, the colors of the Belgian Fourragere 1940, denote the great oak forests of the Ardennes, and the tower connotes the penetration of fortified towns in the action in Belgium and Germany; additionally, the crest colors black, yellow and red allude to the national flag of Belgium. The three arrowheads points down, indicate the Battalion's three air assault landings and together with the wings refer to World War II service as an element of the 82d Airborne Division.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 307th Engineer Battalion on 27 August 1942. It was redesignated for the 307th Airborne Engineer Battalion, Organized Reserve on 21 October 1942. It was amended to add the Organized Reserve crest on 10 April 1943. It was amended to delete the Organized Reserve crest on 8 April 1952. The insignia was redesignated for the 307th Engineer Battalion on 19 August 1958. It was amended to change the wording in the blazon of the shield on 30 April 1963. It was amended to change the motto on 29 February 1968. The coat of arms was amended to add a crest and to change the motto on 19 October 1972.