Argent, an anchor debruised by two oars saltirewise between in fess two increscents all Sable; on a chief of the last a pale wavy Or bearing a seven-pointed mullet Gules.
On a wreath of the colors (Argent and Sable) within a garland of oak fructed Argent a spur gear Sable.
Laboramus Sustinere (We Work to Assist).
The parent member of the 6th Engineers saw service with Scott in Mexico - the two crescents are from General Scott's coat of arms - and in the Civil War. Black was the color of the facings of the Engineers in the Civil War. The anchor and oars was the badge of the Engineers and Pontoniers of the Army of the Potomac. The wavy pale on the upper part of the shield recalls the Marne which the regiment bridged and the seven-pointed star from the cap badge of the Australians recalls the cooperation on the Amiens front.
. The crest is a silver oak wreath to represent the capture of Clairs Chenes (The Cleared Oaks) Woods, October 20, 1918. The black gear suggests the motorized and mechanized equipment with which the 10th Engineer Battalion operates.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 10th Engineer Battalion (Combat) on 31 August 1940. It was redesignated for the 10th Engineer Combat Battalion on 26 May 1954. The insignia was redesignated for the 10th Engineer Battalion on 13 December 1956.