Gules on a bordure embattled Argent eight horseshoes Azure.
On a wreath of the colors (Argent and Gules) a yucca plant in flower Proper.
MULTUM IN PARVO (Much in Little).
The shield is red with the white border, the colors of the Corps of Engineers. The eight horseshoes indicate the numerical designation of the organization and its mounted service.
The yucca plant represents Mexican service of the unit.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 8th Engineers on 10 February 1922. It was amended to change the designation to Engineer Squadron on 3 April 1930. It was redesignated for the 8th Engineer Combat Battalion on 17 August 1949. The coat of arms was redesignated for the 8th Engineer Battalion on 18 May 1955.