Argent, a wyvern glissant, sans legs, tail nowed Vert, langued, eyed and barbed Gules.
On a wreath Argent and Vert, between two triton shells Gules and surmounting an annulet Sable fimbriated of the first flamant of the third, three spearheads of the first each bearing in base an ermine spot of the fourth.
The shield is green and white, the colors of the Armored Force. The wyvern is representative of the deadliness of the tank.
The three spearheads stand for the three outstanding combat achievements in World War II for which the unit was awarded streamers embroidered "Ardennes", "Normandy", and "Moselle River." They refer to the organization's claim to the title "Point of the Spearhead." The ermine spots are from the arms of Nantes, Brittany the first city to be taken by the unit. From Nantes the organizations launched its extraordinary blitz-krieg across Europe. The annulet ringed with flames represents Bastogne surrounded by enemy fire. It commemorates the unit's spearheading the 4th Armored Division into Bastogne on 26 Dec 1944. The above action was the famed 130 mile "fire call" which relieved the besieged city and triggered the Ardennes counter-offensive. Triton shells were used as trumpets by early inhabitants of the Pacific Islands. They were scarlet in reference to the color of the Meritorious Unit Commendation streamer awarded to the unit for service in the Pacific Theater.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 37th Armored Regiment on 1 Jun 1942. It was redesignated for the 37th Tank Battalion on 12 Nov 1943. On 26 Nov 1946 it was redesignated the 37th Constabulary Squadron. Due to the unit inactivation, the coat of arms was redesignated for the 37th Tank Battalion on 30 Nov 1953. Effective 28 Jan 1958, the insignia was redesignated for the 37th Armor. The coat of arms was amended on 6 Aug 1965 to add the crest.