128TH COMBAT SUPPORT HOSPITAL
Distinctive Unit Insignia
A silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a maroon disc on which is a serpent surmounted by a scalpel, both silver color metal; around the base of the disc a silver color metal scroll inscribed "VULNERATIS OPS" in maroon letters.
The badge is in the colors of the Medical Department. The serpent and scalpel indicate the nature of the activities of the organization. The motto translates to "Aid To The Wounded."
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 48th Surgical Hospital on 30 March 1942. It was redesignated for the 128th Evacuation Hospital on 12 May 1966. The insignia was redesignated for the 128th Combat Support Hospital on 12 February 1973.