On a white disk the shield of the Coat of Arms of the United States (Paly of thirteen pieces Argent and Gules a chief Azure) between the motto "SEMPER PARATUS" in red, circumscribed by a white annulet edged and inscribed "UNITED STATES COAST GUARD 1790" in blue all in front of two crossed anchors with stock, arms, and fluke in slight perspective in gold; superimposed upon a light blue disk with gold rope rim. The central device of the seal is the emblem of the United States Coast Guard.
The central device of the seal is based on the emblem of the United States Coast Guard which was approved by the Secretary of the Treasury on February 26, 1927.
The design of the seal was approved by the President of the United States by Executive Order 10707 dated May 6, 1957 (The Institute of Heraldry drawing 6-2-9). Request for use of the Coast Guard emblem should be submitted in writing to Commandant (G-CP-3), HQ U.S. Coast Guard, 2100 2d Street SW, Washington, DC 20593-0001.