Upon a cadet gray shield 2 1/2 inches (6.35cm) in length a blue saltire cross and surcharged theron a four-pointed caltrap in red.
The shield is confederate gray and the blue saltire is from the confederate battle flag. The "X" cross and the number of the points of the caltrap indicate the number 10 + 4 of the division.
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally authorized 29 Sep 1923 for the XIV Army Corps. On 21 May 1958 the insignia was redesignated for the XIV U. S. Army Corps. A distinctive unit insignia was not approved for the XIV U. S. Army Corps. (TIOH Drawing Number A-1-70)