1ST INFANTRY DIVISION ARTILLLERY
Distinctive Unit Insignia
A red increscent with the human portion of a centaur issuant with drawn bow and arrow all in gold partially superimposed and between the cusps of the increscent. The insignia is 1 3/32 inches (2.78 cm) in width.
The 1st Field Artillery Brigade had in its organization the 6th and 7th Field Artillery Regiments and the badge consists of a charge from the shield of the coat of arms of the 7th Field Artillery and a portion of the crest of the 6th Field Artillery, to show the brigade's connection with these units.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 1st Field Artillery Brigade on 17 August 1928. It was redesignated for Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Infantry Division Artillery on 28 December 1954.