U.S. ARMY GROUND FORCES REPLACEMENT DEPOTS
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia
A blue disk 1 3/8 inches diameter on a white background within a red annulet 2 1/4 inches outside diameter and 3/16 inch width.
The colors are taken from the Army Ground Forces shoulder sleeve insignia.
The Army Ground Forces Replacement Depots were established on each coast of the United States and became operational in August 1943 with a mission of processing overseas replacements for the combat arms. The insignia was approved on October 6, 1943.It was discontinued and replaced by the shoulder patch of the Army areas where the Depot was located following World War II.