A gold color metal and enamel device 1 3/16 inches (3.02 cm) in height consisting of a red seated figure with white face and hands and black eye, holding a magnifying glass in one hand and a pen in the other, both white, working on a white globe with gold markings grasped between his legs.
The design depicts the map-making duties of the original topographic company.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 64th Engineer Company (Topographic) on 13 October 1941. It was rescinded for the 64th Engineer Battalion on 19 May 1965.
Note: A coat of arms was not approved for this Battalion.