A silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/4 inches (3.18 cm) in height overall consisting of a red open scroll with silver grid and white back bearing in upper left a silver transit; overall a pair of silver dividers. Inscribed on the bottom rolled portion of the scroll is the motto “PAX” in silver letters.
The insignia is in the colors of the Corps of Engineers. The dividers, transit and grid refer respectively to the functions of the photomapping, survey and reproduction platoons of the 62d Engineer Topographic Company, Corps.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 62d Engineer Company on 11 December 1941. It was redesignated for the 62d Engineer Topographic Company, Corps on 20 July 1950. The insignia was redesignated for the 62d Engineer Company on 23 September 1966. It was amended to change the description and add a motto on 10 March 1967.