A gold color metal and enamel device 1 3/16 inches (3.02 cm) in height overall consisting of two gold crossed arrows (with points upward) on a red (scarlet) cloud formation all behind a gold annulet bearing overall a white domed tower (as depicted on the coat of arms of the city of Antwerp, Belgium) charged with two gold fleurs-de-lis (one above the other), in base a white wall with three merlons, bearing a gold cross botonny, all above a gold scroll inscribed ďThe Inner RingĒ in black letters.
The two fleurs-de-lis and the two arrows symbolize the unitís World War II service in Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland and Central Europe. The two arrows also represent the unitís two decorations, Belgian Fourragere 1940 for action in the defense of Antwerp and Antwerp Harbor. The defense of Antwerp is further symbolized by the domed tower suggested by the coat of arms of the city of Antwerp. The red cloud with the annulet represents the concentrated fire power of the Group. The cross botonny was taken from the coat of arms of Lord Baltimore and alludes to the unitís assignment of the air defense of the city of Baltimore, Maryland since 1952. Red (scarlet) and gold (yellow) are colors used by Artillery units.
The distinctive unit insignia was approved on 5 June 1969.