A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/4 inches (3.18 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per bend Argent and Sanguine (Maroon), the staff of Aesculapius counterchanged. Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Silver scroll inscribed “CONSERVE POWER” in Maroon letters.
The colors of the shield are those of the Army Medical Service, sanguine (the nearest heraldic equivalent to the Medical maroon) and white. The staff is the symbol of Aesculapius, the God of Medicine.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 18th Medical Regiment on 20 May 1936. It was redesignated for the 68th Medical Regiment on 16 August 1941. The insignia was redesignated for the 68th Medical Group on 4 December 1967.