A silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in width consisting of an equilateral triangle, the right side blue, the left side red, with a smaller triangle at its peak, with seven buff colored diagonal bars on the right half and at center base a trapezoid of like width with five buff horizontal bars on the left half, and centered overall a silver terrestrial globe gridlined blue and encircled by a buff band with its tip terminating as an arrowhead on the left side of the globe, the whole device upon a double scroll in silver with the motto “MISSION FIRST – PEOPLE ALWAYS” in black letters.
The triangle is a symbol of stability and strength. The trapezoid shape is a stylized representation of an ammunition storage igloo of the type in use at US Army depots since 1926. Supply, maintenance and services which comprise the mission of the Command are alluded to by the globe and encircling arrow. Twelve buff-colored lines on the trapezoid and triangle represent the Command’s twelve depots, buff referring to the Quartermaster Corps. Red indicates the Ordnance heritage of the unit and red, silver and blue refer to the colors used by the Army Materiel Command. The silver axis piercing the globe links the storage igloo and the peak of the triangle, representing efficient flow through the system of goods and services.
The distinctive unit insignia was approved on 24 May 1985.