An oxidized silver badge 11/16 inch (1.75 cm) in height and 1 1/2 inches (3.81 cm) in width consisting of a glider, frontal view, superimposed upon a pair of stylized wings displayed and curving inward.
The wings suggest flight and together with the glider symbolize individual skills and qualifications in aerial flight utilizing the glider.
The Glider Badge is no longer awarded. At the time authorization of the badge was announced, personnel must have been assigned or attached to a glider or airborne unit or to the Airborne Department of the Infantry School; satisfactorily completed a course of instruction, or participated in at least one combat glider landing into enemy-held territory.
Authorization of the Glider Badge was announced in War Department Circular No. 220, 2 June 1944.
A subdued badge is authorized in a flat black metal finish.
A dress miniature badge, 13/32 inch (1.03 cm) in height and 7/8 inch (2.22 cm) in width is authorized.