On a yellow shield 3 5/8 inches (9.21 cm) in height and 2 5/8 inches (6.67 cm) in width with a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) red border, a representation of the Brandenburg Gate in black accented in yellow.
The colors of the patch which are black, yellow and red are taken from the German flag. The Brandenburg Gate which is in Berlin suggests the location of the unit.
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the Berlin District on 20 June 1946. It was redesignated for the Berlin Command on 15 July 1955. The insignia was revoked on 7 April 1960.