A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/32 inches (2.62 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Gules, a chevron paly of eight Argent, of the field (Gules), Azure and repeated, the ordinary fimbriated Or. Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "LITTORE SISTIMUS" in Blue letters.
The shield is red for the Artillery and the chevron is in the colors of the old royal Hawaiian flag, which also appeared in the arms of the Coast Defenses of Pearl Harbor. The motto translates to "We Take Our Stand On The Shore."
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 15th Coast Artillery Regiment on 17 April 1925. It was redesignated for the 15th Artillery Group on 2 June 1966.